Wednesday 27 May 2015

Foluke Daramola: Actress Reveals She Lost Her Virginity Through Rape

he actress who has just launched a foundation 'Passion Against Rape in Africa' (PARA), a PAN World Global rape foundation disclosed this in an interview with Encomium Weekly.

 

"I had it at either 16 or 17. I had even started acting. I just started with my teenage talk show. And because it’s a first experience, it was nasty. So, my own belief about sexual intercourse was bad. I felt frightened anytime I have a reason to do it" said the actress.

She disclosed that because of the incident she had a negative attitude towards sex and relationships. 

"Exactly! So, I just had to cope through it. And by the time I came out of it, I came out a better person. It even affected my psyche and confidence because I was always so afraid. When a man discusses relationship with me, I see it like there is trouble. So, at the end of the day I can say conveniently that I have put it behind me. And the person I married today has helped me because I speak about it. If I don’t speak about it, there’s no how I would come out of it like that."

Foluke Daramola married her second husband Kayode Salako in 2013. The pair are currently separated.

The actress said that talking about her rape experience has helped her to not feel guilty. "Each time I speak about it, I am loosening up every form of the pain and guilt and all that because I used to feel guilty that I am the one that caused it to happen to me. And I can tell you authoritatively that I go to a conference to talk about rape, at each time I have had women telling me that either it had happened to them or their children but they don’t know how to discuss it with anybody other than their pastors."

No comments:

Post a Comment